Although summer is over, the fall season can still be barbecue time! It’s the perfect opportunity for you to set aside a day to socialize with family and friends, and enjoy that cool comfortable transition from blazing hot summer to freezing winter. Hosting the perfect barbeque sounds like a lot of work and not much fun for you, but as you search for ideas for your event, you will find that all the experts agree. In order to have a memorable celebration, you need to have a plan.
Below are a few tips on how you can be the perfect host and still relax and enjoy your event.
1. Create a checklist. This ensures that you have a plan and that you won’t forget anything.
2. Send invitations. The school year is starting and many people have obligations or plans. Sending invitations early allow guests to save the date and plan ahead.
3. Have a theme for decorations. Don’t spend too much time or money on decorations. Just choose a simple theme for tablecloths, cups, and napkins. Using fall colors on your tableware and napkins is an easy way to establish a theme.
4. Arrange activities. Many guests will be happy just socializing. But for those who wish to be more active, have games like horseshoes or corn hole.
5. Thank you cards.Thank your guests for attending once the event is over.
6. Food, Food, Food. Creating a menu is the most important step on your list.
Since your food choices can make or break your barbeque, be sure that you know the tastes and dietary requirements of your guests. Also, decide whether to have a full meal with salad and side dishes, or just meats and maybe a vegetable.
If you want help with menu planning and are in New Jersey, check out Foodini’s Jersey Shore Catering. You can choose from special items including sweet and spicy mango chicken, dark chocolate/peanut butter quesadilla with strawberries and bananas, grilled fruit, and apple burgers. Once you contact Foodini’s, you can relax and concentrate on having fun. You just need to decide whether to take advantage of the quick and easy meal delivery service, or hire a partial or full service staff to help with your celebration.
You now have the recipe for how to host the perfect fall barbeque. So, schedule the date, do your planning, and enjoy!